The world of Minecraft is filled with incredible content as well as special Minecraft biomes and an incredibly active community. A player can’t be able to experience the wonder of Minecraft in all its glory by playing offline.
This means that if you’re not sure what it takes to get a connection on Minecraft there is an issue. However, don’t worry, because we’re here to help you master this. This guide will cover everything you must learn about joining and finding Minecraft servers without difficulty.
These steps work for both Minecraft Java as well as Bedrock editions provided that the server is compatible with them. If you’re looking for greater control over the online game, making your own Minecraft server might be the better option. So, let’s explore and discover how to join an online Minecraft server for PC consoles, desktops, and mobile devices.
Join Servers in Minecraft Bedrock and Java 2022
The game’s in-game procedure for joining Minecraft servers is different for each platform when you consider the Bedrock edition available on consoles, PCs as well as mobile phones. Therefore, you can use this table to study the steps for every platform at your convenience.
Requirements to Join Minecraft Servers
To join a Minecraft server, you just have to meet these fundamental conditions:
- The device can run and support vanilla Minecraft well.
- The Microsoft Account that is linked to Minecraft
- At at least 1Mbps internet speed (on vanilla servers that have only a small number of users)
- At at least 10Mbps internet speed (on custom servers that have greater players)
- Server Address or the public IP address for the Minecraft server
- The same or equivalent game versions compatible with HTML0 on the same server
Be aware that you aren’t able to join multiplayer servers with pirated copies of the game or on customized Minecraft launchers. You’ll need an official version of the game to play online.
If you want to know the server’s address, you can locate it on the website of the server or request it from the server’s host. If the server is the Realm server within Minecraft the address will have a six-digit number. It is possible to learn more regarding Minecraft Realm servers via the referenced guide.
Console Online Memberships
Console players must spend more than the cost of playing on an online server. The console you play on will determine whether you’ll need these memberships to connect with servers on Minecraft:
- Xbox Live Gold for Xbox One, Xbox Series X as well as S ($9.99 per month)
- PlayStation Plus for PS4 and PS5 ($9.99 per month)
- Nintendo Switch Online for Nintendo Switch ($3.99 per month)
These costs are for a monthly subscription. You may find a better deal on annual memberships or bundles such as Xbox Game Pass.
Join Minecraft Servers on Bedrock (Xbox, PS4/ PS5, Switch, & Mobile)
Minecraft Bedrock supports various platforms such as Windows 10 and 11, Android and iOS, PS4 and PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and S, and Nintendo Switch. The following methods to sign up to the online Minecraft servers for any one of the platforms.
1. Start Minecraft Bedrock and press the “Play” button on the home screen.
2. After that, move to the “Servers” tab by clicking it. It’s on the right side of the menu on top.
3. In the meantime, Minecraft will present you with a selection of the most popular servers within its servers that are featured. If you are interested in any of them then click first to the server’s title, and then click select the “Join Server” button in the description to join the server.
4. If you’re not interested in our listed servers, just scroll to the bottom, and then select the “Add Server” “Add Server” option.
5. Minecraft will ask you to input the server’s information, such as the server’s name, address, and port. If the port is not specifically specified by the server administrator, should always be 19132.
In the meantime, you must fill in your server’s IP or the regular address within the “server address” textbox. Then, click on the “Play” or “Save” button.
How to Join Minecraft Servers on Java (Windows, Mac, & Linux)
In contrast to the Bedrock version which is a feature-rich version, there are no servers available in this Java edition of Minecraft.
But, you’ll find numerous reliable options to pick from our list of top Minecraft servers. So, you can follow these steps to join the Minecraft server running on macOS, Linux, and Windows.
1. To begin, launch Minecraft Java Edition and select click the “Multiplayer” button. It’s located beneath that “Singleplayer” button that you will need to use to play offline.
2. Minecraft will then warn you about online servers not being suitable for everyone. After reading the warning, click on the “Proceed” button to continue.
3. If the server you’re seeking to connect to is local it will appear in your browser. If not, click on the “Add Server” button. You may also click the “Direct Connection” to connect directly “Direct Connection” button to join the server but not keep it in the list of servers.
4. In the final step, you must enter your server’s address and the name you want for the server that you are connecting to.
In addition, you can enable resource packs connected to each server in”Server address. Click on”Done” to save and join the server. “Done” button to save the server and sign up to join your server.
How to Join Minecraft Realm Servers
Beyond the manual choices, Minecraft also offers a modern method of joining online servers, however exclusively available to Realms players. However, before you can become a member of a Realm server you must meet the following requirements:
- A version of Minecraft using the same version as the Realm server.
- The Xbox gamertag. Xbox gamertag
- Share a link, or Gamertag invitation
- If you are joining via console, a current membership to the online services of its
Join Servers on Minecraft with Share Link
Join via Realm Code on Bedrock Edition
All Realm links are in the following format: “realms. gg/ABC-abc123,” where the last 6 characters of the URL are the Realm code. It is necessary to copy it, launch it in your Minecraft game, then paste it into it by clicking the “Join Realme” option to join the server.
The invite is available along with a ” Join Realm” option under the “Friends” tab. After you’ve played on this server the Realm will appear to us in this location only.
Join via Realm Invite on Minecraft Java
The Java edition comes with its “Minecraft Realms” option on its homepage. This section allows you to purchase and sign up for a server for realms.
If your friend invites you to become a member of their domain, the button will display the email-looking icon (see image above). Click the icon to sign up for their server.
Frequently Asked Questions
Seeing ‘Unable To Join Server’ Error? How to Fix!
There is a myriad of reasons that may prevent you from joining an online server. The most common reasons include:
- Slow or unstable internet connection
- The server is full or stopped your user
- Your game’s version or server’s version of the game is outdated
Can Minecraft Java and Bedrock Players Use the Same Server
Although both versions are more like any time before, Minecraft still doesn’t support crossplay between both editions. There are numerous online servers with distinct sections for both versions, sharing an identical world. This is the closest we’ll get at the moment.
How Can I Make a Minecraft Server
There are many Minecraft servers, ranging in size from private servers to those that are online. Use our tutorial to help you build Minecraft servers for Java as well as Bedrock editions at no cost.
Join and Play on Minecraft Online Servers
This is all you should be aware of when joining the Minecraft server on any platform. The only thing you have to do is prepare your friends and locate some fun servers to join.
However, if you are doubtful about joining servers run by strangers, then you can get the same excitement by playing the most exciting Minecraft maps that are adventure-oriented. It is all you have to do is install the customized Minecraft map as well as invite online friends to play around in an enclosed circle.
If you are a player who is offline online, the most effective Minecraft mods remain the most innovative method to introduce new elements and enjoy the game. Make sure to turn off mods before you join on an internet-based server.
The majority of servers won’t allow the use of any Mods other than the Optifine plugin to play Minecraft. It’s a performance enhancement mod that allows users to utilize shaders within Minecraft. This means it’s time to get started exploring the realm of Minecraft.
If you encounter difficulties making a connection to a server, post your questions in the comment section and we’ll help you with your query.
👉 Visit our Site for more information: Customerfeedbacks.info